21 Sep Accurate financial transcription services
We provide accurate financial transcription services and love adapting to the changing environment and needs of this highly regulated industry.
Accurate financial transcription services for the financial sector
We launched the company in 2007, when accurate financial transcription services didn’t exist and regulation didn’t dictate that professionals in the financial sector had to write notes or type up meetings or calls, and remembering the facts after the event was pretty impossible. Since then, we have flourished, and the majority of our clients are in the financial sector, mainly because word of mouth has enabled our name to come up when discussing the need for transcripts. See our client testimonials here.
To have what it takes to be the best transcription company specialising in the finance sector is, firstly, data security. We are asked to complete many due diligence and IS/IT questionnaires for pretty much every new client, whether a bank, asset manager, investment firm or financial planner. Second is accuracy, and we pride ourselves on the skill of our in-house, editorial-grade proofreaders to deliver perfect transcripts. After these two key elements comes our excellent customer service, which, of course, is by no means any less important; it’s about the whole process, from the raw audio to the final, polished piece.
Meeting notes for the financial sector
In a world where regulation is becoming stricter, we could all do with a helping hand, and there are many companies, services, products and tools for the job, including us. However, we have something extra to offer. VoiceNotes may not strictly be a piece of ‘technology’ – a program or a tool that advisers or IFAs can directly use – but behind the scenes, we are a well-oiled, efficient machine. Length of dictation dependent, it can take only minutes from when you hang up your call to receiving your voicenote in your inbox, and that record of a ‘meeting that may result in a transaction’ is done, recorded, and you have ticked the MiFID II box.
More traditional transcriptions and accurate financial transcription services
We transcribe any audio file, whether that’s a conference call, investor meeting, shareholder meeting, etc. Any meeting or dialogue you need a transcript for, we can offer our service to help.
Over the years, we have been recognised as the go-to when looking for a transcription company specialising in the finance sector. Our more recent awards are below:
Proud winners of the ‘Most Innovative Banking & Finance Productivity Tool’ – Wealth & Finance Awards
Proud winners of the ‘Best Full-Service Digital Dictation Solution’ – Corporate Vision
Our team knows abbreviations, phrases and understands financial acronyms
Where we go one step beyond is, of course, rooted in our history – our ethos. We are a dedicated team whose aim is to provide you with top-quality records of whatever it is you dictate. Transcribing highly sensitive material is where we excel. There are no machines to guess at what is being said, or that may malfunction at the detection of a strong accent. Our astute typists work quickly to provide the raw data, and then our editorial-grade proofreaders, with their sharp eyes and ears and ability to contextualise what is being said, perfect your written dictation, meaning you can have the utmost confidence in the accuracy of your final document.
We keep up to date with regulations such as MiFID II, SM&CR and GDPR
Along with MiFID II regulation, there is now, of course, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). ‘Security’ is as big a buzzword at VoiceNotes as ‘grammar’, ‘spelling’ or ‘accuracy’. Your dictation and emails are encrypted every step of the way, and we operate on a secure VPN platform, so you can rest assured that all sensitive client data is safe. Also, all our staff are CRB-checked in accordance with ISO compliance.
In an ever-changing and evolving technological world, increasing regulatory pressures are inevitable, and whilst there are many excellent digital and ‘technological’ solutions out there for your business, we are here also as a fully compliant company offering a service to help ease the burden of those regulatory pressures, but with that added human touch.
MiFID II client meeting notes
The FCA amended its proposal to require advisers to tape telephone calls under MiFID II by saying they can also make a written note of the conversation. They added the regulation that all face-to-face meetings also needed to have a written note. VoiceNotes delivers the solution by documenting all calls and face-to-face/virtual meetings in minutes. Accurate financial transcription services aren’t offered by all, but necessary for audit purposes.
How to use our service for accurate financial transcripts, meeting notes, files notes, emails, reports
It’s straightforward to set up and use: after a call or meeting, teams dial a dedicated number from any phone, dictate the note, and hang up. Notes are processed, proofread and emailed back word-perfect. No equipment is needed or IT set-up required.
All MiFID II client meeting notes are time and date-stamped, enabling them to be as contemporaneous as they can be versus recording the actual meeting, which isn’t always practical.
The FCA have laid out what minimum information should be captured under the EU rules:
- The identity of the attendees.
- The date and time of the meeting.
- The location of the meeting.
- The initiator of the meeting.
- Relevant information about the client order, including the price, volume, type of order. And when it shall be transmitted or executed.
If you are involved in investment management committee board meetings, click here for information on how to record these, or you might like to read our article about fintech, hedge funds and online meetings.
Dictation and accurate financial transcription services rates and costs:
- Error-free documents are guaranteed. Each sound file is first transcribed, then proofread by our permanent in-house team dedicated to your account.
- Our dial-in dictation and transcription service costs from £162 + VAT per month (100 minutes per person per month. Pro-rata thereafter).
- If preferred, you can also use your own dictation software.
- Accurate transcripts can be turned around within the hour.
- Multi-voice transcriptions (including proofreading) are from £3 per audio minute.
- Accurate financial transcripts are efficiently turned around by our highly experienced transcription and proofreading teams.
Proofreading and copy-editing (pre-written):
- Proofreading only – from £12 per 1,000 words / Proofreading and copy-editing – from £15 per 1,000 words.
- Our dedicated proofreading team will deliver word perfect, grammatically-correct documentation every time.
- Turnaround can be immediate for documents needing urgent attention.
Why choose us for accurate financial transcription services?
- Quality is guaranteed, as every transcription passes through at least two members of our team – minimum one audio transcriptionist and one proofreader.
- Fast turnarounds due to employing our own staff. This means we don’t need to search for a freelancer and check their availability.
- You will have a dedicated account manager.
- Everything is date and time-stamped for legal and compliance auditing.
- We have over a decade’s experience with FTSE 100 companies, SMEs and individuals.
- We are ISO 27001-accredited, ensuring data is kept safe and confidential at all times.
- For compliance and security, we guarantee to keep all work and data handling in the UK.
- If required, we are also able to engage a dedicated transcription team to work on your account only – please contact us to discuss.
Please get in touch with any questions or to start your FREE trial – email@example.com / 0207 117 0066.